Key West Eco Tours, a favorite among locals and visitors, provides a wide range of engaging outdoor activities like sailing, kayaking, paddle-boarding, and snorkeling, all of which are guided by professional and friendly experts. These tours offer an immersive experience into the vibrant marine life and bird-watching opportunities that the region is well-known for.
- They offer a variety of small group paddle tours and private sandbar and snorkel charters that include exploring lush mangroves and colorful coral gardens.
- The tours are mainly facilitated at their Geiger Key Paddle Hut or aboard the 31' Java Cat docked at the Key West Historic Seaport, and each one is led by a knowledgeable local nature guide.
- The Eco Tours not only offer an exciting journey into the tropical ecosystem of the region, but also provide insights into the protected areas of the Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary and Key West's National Wildlife Refuge.
- Participants get an unparalleled opportunity to experience the region's thriving marine life in clear, shallow waters, including colorful fish, coral and sponge gardens, dense mangrove islands, and a plethora of birds.
There are four main tours on offer:
- The Backcountry Kayak & Paddleboard Tour, which involves guided exploration of downwind trails through mangrove islands.
- Dart Backcountry Paradise Charters, a unique adventure that takes participants to mangrove islands, shallow waters, and remote sandbars.
- Java Cat Sail, Kayak, and Snorkel, a half-day (AM or PM) of sailing, guided kayaking, and snorkeling in the Key West Wildlife Refuge.
- Java Cat Sunset Sail, the quintessential Key West experience of viewing a famous sunset from a unique vantage point, exclusively available for up to 6 guests.
These Eco Tours stand as a testament to Key West's commitment to sustainable tourism, offering immersive experiences while emphasizing the importance of preserving its unique environment and biodiversity.